Hi, I’m Randy Charles, the creator and chief editor of this site Paintcentric. I’m a businessman now by profession, but I used to work as...Read more
Giving your home a new look begins with looking for quality paint. With myriads of paints and paint brands available in the market today, it can be pretty tricky knowing which one to choose.
But as far as paint brands are concerned, there are two fundamental brands you can’t afford to miss out on – Berger paints and Dulux paints.
Over the years, these paint companies have continuously offered high-quality paints to create the home’s most appealing and stunning effects.
From interior designs to exterior decorations, good branded paint greatly impacts the health and durability of walls, standing up to kids, pets, and more. Beyond that, the wrong paint can threaten your health and general quality of life.
Comparison Between Berger Paints vs. Dulux Paints
|Difference||Berger Paint||Dulux Paint|
|Business||Provides optimum and quality paints for industrial and professional users.||They are committed to offering excellent colorful architectural paints.|
|Growth (last 5 years)||Third largest paint producer in the world.||Rated as the fourth largest producer of paint in the world.|
|Efficiency||Suitable for exteriors, interiors, and wood finish coatings.||Suitable for exterior, interior, metal, and wood surface coatings.|
|Solvency||Has solvent-based products for industrial and commercial structures.||Has solvent-based products for both interior and exterior walls of residential areas.|
|Return Services||It comes with a ten-year return||Leftovers can be returned for recycling.|
|Valuation||Available at cost-effective rates.||Quite expensive compared to Berger paints.|
Berger Paints Overview
Based in Kolkata, this is a multinational brand in the paint industry with about 16 production units in India. Across the nation, it has an extensive distribution network of 66 stock points.
Due to its wide acceptance, this brand has gained high popularity in over five countries across the globe. The famous phrase “Paint with your imagination” is often attributed to its commitment to providing a category of unique paint and color segments.
It is an iOS 9001 certified company that provides top-notch colorful paints that meet the standard and specifications of industrial, professional, and residential users.
Berger Paints Quality
At Berger, collective efforts are channeled towards offering the best products. No matter the decorative specifications and standards, these branded paints come in handy to meet them. As a result of increasing customer demand, this brand has become devoted to providing a variety of paint features.
Berger has been able to provide environment-friendly paints. Rather than offer more breeding spaces for harmful air pollutants like formaldehyde, these paints reduce their impacts to a great extent.
Some types of paints offered by Berger Paints include:
- Weather Coat All Guard
- Easy Clean
- Silk Luxury Emulsion
- Breath Easy
- Rangoli Total Care
Berger is a leader in exterior and interior wall coatings, protective coatings, Living Green, and Berger wood and metal paints.
Berger Paints Price List
Berger paints come at cost-effective prices, so you don’t need to empty your bank account to get them. The availability of these paints at such cost-friendly rates has contributed to their increasing demand.
The price for non-decorative paints lies between $7.25 and $16.94, depending on the quality. On the other hand, decorative paints are pegged between $12.10 and $94.40. You must know that decorative paints are more expensive than non-decorative paints. The higher the quality, the higher the cost.
Pros of Berger Paints
Apart from providing customers with effective kinds of paints, this brand has also gathered a lot of positive reports that have further enhanced its public image.
Some of the benefits of this brand, as well as its products, are highlighted below.
- Substantial market share has fostered massive industrial and decorative paint production under different product brands.
- It has been ranked the second-largest paint producer in India and owns about one-fifth of the market share.
- Its products are energy-efficient and eco-friendly, thus, reducing environmental waste and preserving natural resources.
- Its products have remarkable brand awareness and perception amongst users.
- Its paint products are available at relatively low prices.
- It devotes both human and capital resources to providing high-quality products.
- Global recognition across four regions, including Europe, Russia, Bangladesh, and Nepal.
- It provides Nuclear power plants with protective coatings.
- It is known for providing top automobile organizations like Mercedes with automotive coatings.
Cons of Berger Paints
Despite its numerous advantages, there are some shortcomings associated with the brand. Some of the disadvantages of choosing this paint brand or using its products include:
- Lack of unlimited liquidity options.
- Rising lead found, which has led to negative publicity.
- Over-reliance on decorative segments has limited the brand’s painting alternatives.
- Lack of fixed raw material prices.
Berger Paint Color Combination for Living Room
Whenever you want your house’s living room, kitchen, or other functional area to stand out, Berger paints are your best bet. With these branded paints, you can induce the liveliness of colors into your living room calmly and softly. If you are thinking about the perfect color combinations for your living room using Berger paints, some of your options should include:
- Southwest Sand and Fossil Beige
- Memoir Gold and Sands of Time
- Empress Rose and Quiet Cove
- Fabulous White and Spring Fling
- Yellow Cream and Orange Spice
- Tall Delphinium and Light Larkspur
- Cookie Crisp, Night Time Magic, Milk Mustache, and many others.
Dulux Paints Overview
If you are an avid fan of colors or a painter, there’s no doubt you’ve heard of Dulux paints at one point or the other. Known as ICI India, this brand is the leading producer of paints and colors worldwide. It is a popular paint brand that offers highly durable and versatile paints for residential and industrial setups.
Paint products and colors offered by this brand have high resistance against water and rust. Hence, they do not peel off during washing. So, if you are one of those who are very concerned about maintaining interior walls, Dulux paints are pretty efficient in that aspect.
Dulux Paints Quality
Bring your exterior, and interior decorating ideas to life begins with this brand. In addition to its excellent interior paints, which give your ceilings and walls eye-catching appearances, this brand also provides myriads of undercoats such as wall putty and water-based cement primer.
Some categories offered by this brand include:
- Dulux Super gloss and Super Satin 5-in-1
- Pearl Glow and Velvet Touch
- Sun reflects and Weather Shield.
- Water-based PU
Dulux makes Metal and Wood Care, Exterior Paints, and Interior Paints.
Dulux Paint Prices
Although they are more expensive than Berger Paints, you will get the best value for your money. This includes providing you with optimum and rich paints.
With as little as $24.26, you can get the Dulux gloss paint. Dulux silk emulsion paint is approximately $94.40, and the Dulux weather-based enamel paint price rests between $96.76 and $116.16. These prices are prone to change over time.
Pros of Dulux Paints
This paint brand has gathered a lot of excellent ratings. It has also become one of the best and most efficient paints globally. This largely owes to the numerous advantages the painting product has in stock for its potential users.
From creating brilliant lighting effects in the home to giving the office the most welcoming appearance, Dulux paint products are perfect for architectural designs.
In terms of benefits, Dulux has several, including:
- Available in a wide range of colorful paints.
- It has resistance against dry air and moisture and balances well with temperature drops.
- It helps to maintain the beauty of interior walls due to its easy-to-clean and washable features.
- Its paint products do not peel off easily or quickly.
- After application, it dries within a short time.
- It lacks offensive odors.
- It is highly durable and can last for a lifetime.
- While painting, it does not irritate the painter or those in the room.
- It has a unique chemical makeup that resists bacteria.
Cons of Dulux Paints
Invariably, some shortcomings are attached to this brand and its paint products. Some of these cons include:
- Its paint products lose performance characteristics and attractiveness if there’s an error in the application.
- Excess moisture could trigger mold growth, especially in exterior areas.
- Presence of filler in the paint.
- Evidence of stains due to the contamination of the underlying surfaces.
Dulux Paints Color Combination for Living Room
The living room is one of the most functional rooms in the home. Decorating it with the most refined paints will create a welcoming setting for visitors and make the room comfortable and formal.
You can paint one bedroom to the occupant’s style, but paint ones differently. Regardless of your décor personality, Dulux paints allow you to express your style using the best paint.
Below are some color combinations found in the Dulux Colour Chart you can choose.
- Ash Grove DLX1172-4
- Ocean Drive DLX1040-3
- Orange Vermilion DLX1194-7
- Cress Green DLX1114-4
From homeowners to professional and industrial users, paints give every space a new look. A careful application of paints can give your home or office an ideal welcoming appearance. Both Dulux and Berger come in varieties of sheen and cover almost any texture.
When people are ready to buy paints, Berger paints, and Dulux paints remain the top pick. You can rest assured you will get a great painting experience with these brands. The best paint that fits your task and budget will be the best.