Randy Charles is the owner of PaintCentric.com, a website dedicated to providing information, tips, tricks, and news about all things paint. With over 10 years...Read more
- Brand: EVOLVE
- Color: Cloud White
- Finish Type: Eggshell
- Size: 10 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)
- Item Volume: 1 Gallons
- Special Feature: Washable, Non-toxic, Eco Friendly
- Unit Count: 10.0 Fl Oz
- Brand: Montage Signature
- Paint Color: Twilight
- Finish Type: Low Sheen
- Size: 5 Gallon
- Item Volume: 1 Gallons
- Special Feature: Eco Friendly
- Unit Count: 640.0 Fl Oz
- Brand: Rust-Oleum
- Color: White
- Finish Type: Matte
- Size: 5 Gallon (Pack of 1)
- Item Volume: 18 Liters
- Unit Count: 128.0 Fl Oz
- Paint Type: Spray
Exterior paint is essential in maintaining a mobile home’s appearance. It enhances the curb appeal and protects the exterior from harsh weather conditions. However, choosing the right exterior paint for a mobile home can be overwhelming, given the numerous available options.
After extensive research and testing, we have identified the best exterior paint for mobile homes. Our top pick is the KILZ Exterior Siding, Fence, and Barn Paint. This paint is specifically formulated for metal and vinyl surfaces, making it an ideal choice for mobile homes.
Best Exterior Paint for Mobile Homes
We understand how important it is to find the right exterior paint for your mobile home. Not only does it enhance the overall look of your home, but it also protects it from harsh weather conditions.
After thorough research and testing, we have compiled a list of the best exterior paints for mobile homes. Our inventory includes colors that are durable, long-lasting, easy to apply, and provide excellent coverage.
Our list covers you whether you are looking for a classic or modern finish. So, without further ado, let’s dive into our top picks for the best exterior paint for mobile homes.
Best Resistant: Rust-Oleum 03101 Exterior Paint
If you’re looking for exterior paint for your mobile home, we recommend the Rust-Oleum 03101 Exterior Mildew Performance Paint. This paint is an excellent choice because of its mildew-resistant properties and its ability to provide a smooth finish.
- Mildew-resistant properties
- Suitable for high-humidity or moisture
- It provides a smooth finish.
- Easy to clean up
- Ideal for mobile homes exposed to the elements
- Goes on smoothly
- Good for withstanding high humidity and moisture
- The paint is mildew-resistant, making it an excellent choice for high humidity or moisture.
- It goes on smoothly and is easy to clean up.
- It provides a smooth finish that looks great on mobile homes.
- Some customers have reported that the paint has a strange consistency and doesn’t cover well.
- The paint may not be as “high-hide” as advertised, requiring multiple coats to achieve full coverage.
- A few customers have received damaged or empty cans of paint.
If you’re looking for paint that can withstand high humidity and moisture, Rust-Oleum 03101 Exterior Mildew Performance Paint is a great choice. Its mildew-resistant properties make it ideal for mobile homes exposed to the elements.
However, some customers have reported issues with the consistency of the paint, finding it to be goopy and difficult to work with. The color may not provide full coverage in just one coat, requiring multiple coats to achieve the desired finish.
In summary, if you’re looking for exterior paint for your mobile home that can withstand high humidity and moisture, Rust-Oleum 03101 Exterior Mildew Performance Paint is a great choice.
Best Smooth: PRESTIGE Paints Exterior Paint
If you’re looking for high-quality exterior paint for your mobile home, PRESTIGE Paints Exterior Paint and Primer In One is a great option.
- The high-hiding formula for excellent coverage
- Easy soap and water clean-up with 100% acrylic latex paint
- Low VOC content for eco-friendly use
- Suitable for various exterior surfaces
- Provides a smooth, uniform finish
- The high-hiding formula offers excellent coverage with smooth application.
- The 100% acrylic latex paint makes for easy soap and water clean-up.
- The low VOC content makes it an eco-friendly choice.
- The paint may take longer to dry in low temperatures or high humidity.
- The color may vary slightly from on-screen and printer representation.
- The paint is not suitable for indoor use.
PRESTIGE Paints Exterior Paint and Primer In One is a premium quality paint used on various exterior surfaces, including properly prepared wood, masonry surfaces, cement board siding, vinyl, aluminum, and factory-primed siding.
The paint is also eco-friendly, with a low VOC content of less than 50 gms/L 0.42 lbs/gal, PriorPriorinting. This makes it an excellent excellence for those who are about the environment.
However, the paint may take longer to dry in low temperatures or high humidity, so it’s essential to remember this planning your painting project.
If you’re looking for high-quality exterior paint for your mobile home, PRESTIGE Paints Exterior Paint and Primer In One is a great choice. With its excellent coverage, smooth application, and eco-friendly formula, it’s a paint that you can feel good about using.
Best Rain-Resistant: Rust-Oleum 301994 Roof Coating
If you’re looking for a durable and efficient roof coating, Rust-Oleum 301994 Roof Coating is a great option.
- High initial reflectivity
- Long-term durability
- Excellent resistance to weathering and dirt pick-up
- Formulated to meet ASTM standards
- Rain-resistant coating
- Provides high initial reflectivity
- Long-term durability
- Excellent resistance to weathering and soil pick-up
- Not very durable in heavy rain
- Not very effective in reducing template nature
- Not very easy to clean
Rust-Oleum 301994 Roof Coating is an excellent option for those looking for a roof coating with high initial reflectivity, long-term durability, and excellent resistance to weathering and dirt pick-up.
With an 84% initial reflectivity and 74% weathered reflectivity, this elastomeric roof coating is formulated to meet and land the standards established in ASTM D 6083. It is also rain-resistant in 6 forums.
However, this product is not very durable in heavy rain and is ineffective in reducing the temperature. Despite these cons, Rust-Oleum 301994 Roof Coating is still a solid choice for those looking for a reliable and efficient roof coating.
Best Eco-Friendly: Montage Signature Paint
If you’re looking for eco-friendly paint for your mobile home, Montage Signature Paint is a great choice.
- Eco-friendly paint made with high-quality, water-based, and pollutant-free materials
- Available in 24 classic shades and a variety of limited edition colors
- Versatile for use in both interior and exterior painting projects
- Provides a smooth and durable finish on mobile homes
- The low-odor formulation for a more pleasant painting experience
- Long-lasting and resistant to fading or peeling.
- Montage Signature Paint is eco-friendly with high-quality, water-based, and pollutant-free materials.
- This paint is available in 24 classic shades and many more limited edition colors so that you can choose the perfect color for your mobile home.
- Montage Signature Paint is versatile and can be used for interior and exterior painting projects.
- This paint may be thick and doesn’t spread as well as others.
- Some customers have reported that the color swatches don’t match the paint’s color.
- Montage Signature Paint is only available on Amazon, so you won’t be able to find it at your local home improvement store.
Montage Signature Paint is an excellent option if you’re looking for eco-friendly paint that is versatile and available in a wide range of colors. This paint is formulated with high-quality, water-based, and pollutant-free materials, making it an excellent choice for those concerned about the environment.
Best Interior and Exterior: Evolve Paint & Primer
If you’re looking for eco-friendly paint offering superior protection, washability, and durability, Evolve Paint & Primer is a great option.
- Paint+primer approach for sealing and preventing paint absorption
- Easy cleaning and protection from water issues
- Made from 50% recycled post-consumer paint, reducing pollution
- Low odor with minimal VOC emissions
- Excellent coverage and smooth finish
- Suitable for both interior and exterior surfaces
- The paint+primer approach seals the original material, preventing the paint from soaking.
- Improved sealing technology allows for easy cleaning and protection from common water issues.
- Made from 50% recycled post-consumer paint, Evolve prevents landfill dumping and reduces pollution.
- The paint can be a bit dry feeling after application.
- Something bumps the wall, and the paint comes off easily.
- The color may appear more blue than gray.
Evolve Paint & Primer is a high-quality, cost-effective paint continuously upgraded and enhanced. The low-odor constituents of Evolve’s paints use a negligible amount of VOC, ensuring that painted surfaces do not emit dangerous fumes.
The coverage is excellent, considering the application’s thickness and the painted surface’s porosity and condition. The high sheen and smooth finish will reflect your taste for no-compromise luxury.
If you’re looking for a paint that is washable and environmentally friendly, then Evolve Paint & Primer is a great choice. It’s perfect for interior and exterior surfaces and offers one-coat coverage, making the job faster and easier.
Best Overall: Oslo Home Touch-Up Paint
If you’re looking for a quick and easy solution to repair and restore the scuffs and knicks on your mobile home’s exterior, then Oslo Home Touch-Up Paint might be worth considering.
- Satin finish for a sleek and modern look
- Bottle-in-brush design for easy application
- Quick drying, self-priming formulation
- Curated color palette based on popular shades of white
- Ideal for trim, doors, shutters, and walls
- Quick and easy solution for scuffs and knicks on the exterior of your mobile home
- The satin finish provides a sleek and modern look for your trim, doors, shutters, and walls.
- The bottle-in brush design and quick drying, self-priming formulation make it easy to use and save time.
- The curated color palette is based on the most popular shades of white used in homes, making choosing the right shade for your mobile home easier.
- Some customers have reported that the paint can look whiteout, especially in areas with lots of light or sunlight directly hitting the wall.
- The brush barely gets enough paint to make a difference, making it hard for slightly larger touchups.
- The small bottle size may not provide enough coverage for larger areas.
Overall, Oslo Home Touch-Up Paint is a good option for those looking for a quick and easy solution to repair and restore the scuffs and knicks on their mobile home’s exterior.
When choosing the best exterior paint for mobile homes, there are a few important factors to consider. Here are some features to look for when choosing a high-quality exterior paint:
Mobile homes are exposed to the elements, meaning the paint needs to be durable enough to withstand harsh weather conditions. Look for a color designed for exterior use with a proven track record of withstanding rain, wind, and extreme temperatures.
Paint coverage is an essential factor to consider when choosing exterior paint for your mobile home. The paint you choose should provide good coverage with just one or two coats, saving you time and money in the long run.
Ease of Application
The paint you choose should be easy to apply, even if you are not an experienced painter. Look for a paint that spreads quickly and evenly, and that can be used with a brush, roller, or sprayer.
The color of your mobile home’s exterior is essential when choosing exterior paint. Look for a paint that offers various colors, so you can find the perfect shade to match your home’s style and aesthetic.
Price is always a consideration when choosing any product, and exterior paint is no exception. Look for high-quality paint that fits your budget, but don’t sacrifice quality for the price.
In summary, when choosing the best exterior paint for your mobile home, look for a durable, easy-to-apply dye that provides good coverage and a wide variety of color options, all while fitting within your budget.
How to Paint Exterior Lines on Mobile Homes
When painting a mobile home’s exterior, paying attention to the details is essential. One of the most critical details is painting the exterior lines. Here are a few tips on how to paint outer lines on mobile homes:
- Clean the surface: Before painting, it is essential to clean the surface thoroughly. Use a pressure washer or a garden hose to remove dirt, debris, or loose paint from the surface. Allow the surface to dry completely before starting to paint.
- Masking tape: Use masking tape to protect the areas you don’t want to paint. Apply the tape carefully to ensure that it is straight and aligned correctly.
- Use a good quality paintbrush: When painting exterior lines, it is essential to use a good quality paintbrush. A high-quality paintbrush will help you achieve a clean and straight line. Choose a brush appropriate for the line size you want to paint.
- Paint in sections: Paint the lines in areas. This will help you maintain a consistent line and prevent the paint from drying out quickly.
- Remove the tape: After painting the lines, remove the masking tape carefully. This will help you achieve a clean and professional look.
In conclusion, painting exterior lines on mobile homes requires attention to detail and careful planning. By following these tips, we can achieve a clean and professional look that will enhance the overall appearance of the mobile home.
Can You Paint Wall Board in Mobile Homes?
Yes, you can paint wall boards in mobile homes. Wallboard, also known as drywall or gypsum board, is a common material used in the construction of mobile homes. It is a board made from gypsum plaster used to create smooth walls and ceilings.
Painting a wallboard is a great way to update the look of your mobile home without spending a lot of money on renovations. However, there are a few things to remember before you start painting.
First, it is essential to prepare the wallboard before painting correctly. This includes cleaning the surface to remove dirt or grime, filling in holes or cracks, and sanding down rough spots. Once the surface is smooth and clean, you can apply a primer to help the paint adhere better.
Second, choosing the right type of paint for the wallboard is essential. Look for a paint that is specifically designed for use on drywall or gypsum board. These paints are formulated to provide good coverage and adhesion and to resist cracking and peeling.
Finally, it is essential to apply the paint properly. Use a high-quality brush or roller to apply the paint in thin, even coats. Allow each coat to dry completely before applying the next coat.
In summary, painting wallboard in mobile homes is a great way to update the look of your home. You can achieve a beautiful, long-lasting finish with proper preparation, the right type of paint, and careful application.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of paint is best for mobile home exteriors?
The best type of paint for mobile home exteriors is acrylic paint. It is durable, long-lasting, and can withstand harsh weather conditions. It also provides excellent coverage and is easy to apply.
How many gallons of paint does it take to paint a mobile home?
The amount of paint needed to paint a mobile home depends on the size of the house and the type of paint being used. Generally, you will need 10-15 gallons of paint to cover a single-wide mobile home and 15-20 gallons for a double-wide mobile home.
What are the best exterior paints for aluminum siding on mobile homes?
The best exterior paints for aluminum siding on mobile homes are acrylic latex paints. These paints are specially formulated to adhere to metal surfaces and protect against rust, corrosion, and fading.
What is the outside of a mobile home made of?
The outside of a mobile home is typically made of aluminum, vinyl, or wood siding. Some newer models may also feature fiberglass or composite materials.
Can I use interior paint for the exterior of my mobile home?
No, it would be best if you never used interior paint for the exterior of your mobile home. Interior paint is not designed to withstand the harsh weather conditions that the exterior of your home will be exposed to. It will quickly fade, peel, and crack, leaving your home vulnerable to damage.
Is it better to roll or spray exterior paint?
Rolling and spraying exterior paint can be effective, depending on your preference and the surface you are painting. Moving is generally more accessible and less messy while spraying can provide a smoother, more even finish.