Randy Charles is the owner of PaintCentric.com, a website dedicated to providing information, tips, tricks, and news about all things paint. With over 10 years...Read more
- Brand: FIXALL
- Finish Type: Textured
- Size: 1 Gallon (Pack of 1)
- Item Volume: 1 Gallons
- Special Feature: Washable
- Brand: Olympic
- Product Dimensions: 6.26 x 9.02 x 9.02 inches
- Item Weight: 5.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: Kelley Technical
- Special Feature: Fade Resistant
- Brand: Encore Coatings
- Finish Type: Polished Nickel Plating
- Size: 5 Gallon Pail
- Item Volume: 3 Gallons
- Special Feature: Washable, Water Resistant
Painting your pool deck not only enhances its appearance but also protects it from harsh weather conditions and foot traffic. The best pool deck paint not only beautifies the area but also provides a non-slip surface for safety.
We tested and compared several pool deck paints to identify the best options for different needs. Our top picks are based on durability, slip resistance, ease of application, and overall value. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly option or a premium product, we’ve got you covered.
Best Pool Deck Paints
If you’re looking to give your pool deck a fresh new look, consider investing in high-quality pool deck paint. Not only will it enhance the overall appearance of your pool area, but it can also provide added protection against harsh elements.
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best pool deck paints on the market to help you find the perfect one for your needs.
Best Water-Based: Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint
If you’re looking for a pool deck paint that cools your deck while enhancing its look, then Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint from Encore Coatings is the perfect solution for you.
- Used at theme parks and resorts
- Provides up to 38% cooler surface for comfortable feet
- The non-slippery surface that meets ADA safety requirements
- Repairs, seals, and cools pool deck surface
- Bonds with concrete at a molecular level, filling in cracks and sealing them
- Resistant to peeling, chipping, and pressure washing
- Comes with a lifetime residential warranty and a ten-year commercial warranty
- Water-based, VOC-friendly, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly
- Easy to clean with soap and water
- Used at theme parks and resorts
- Comfortable feet with up to 38% cooler surface
- The non-slippery surface that meets ADA safety requirements
- Requires additional acrylic paint to enhance the pool area
- Needs to be applied with a paint roller
- Not suitable for surfaces other than concrete
Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint is a revolutionary and proprietary coating that repairs, seals, and cools your pool deck surface. It is easy to use, just spray the concrete with Triple Crown, wash away the dirt and debris, and apply the Cool treatment.
Mix the kit with water and apply the Cool with a paint roller. Dry for 30 minutes and apply a second coat of Cool.
This product is used at theme parks, resorts, national landmarks, and now residential swimming pools. It absorbs the heat and transfers it directly into the soil below, keeping your feet comfortable and your pool area cooler.
The specialized coating bonds with concrete at a molecular level, filling in cracks and permanently sealing them. The smooth, sealed surface makes it difficult for dirt to hide, and it stands up to pressure washing without peeling or chipping.
Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint from Encore Coatings comes with a lifetime residential warranty and a ten-year commercial warranty. The entire product line is 100% water-based and VOC-friendly.
It is non-toxic and environmentally friendly. It is easy to clean with soap and water, and the smooth surface doesn’t allow dirt to stick to it, making cleaning a breeze.
In conclusion, if you want a pool deck paint that cools, repairs, and enhances the look of your pool deck surface, then Cool Decking Pool Deck Paint from Encore Coatings is the product you’re looking for.
Best Non-Slippery: In The Swim Patio
If you’re looking for a pool deck paint that can restore your concrete surfaces, the In The Swim Patio and Deck Paint Sand Tone – 1 Gallon could be a good option.
- Restores concrete surfaces
- Non-slip finish when dry
- Can be applied to damp surfaces
- Coverage of 90-125 sq ft per gallon
- Easy application with roller or brush
- Resistant to pool chemicals and UV rays
- Suitable for residential and commercial pool decks
- Leaves a non-slip finish when dry
- Can be applied to a damp surface
- Coverage of 90 – 125 sq ft per gallon depending on surface porosity
- Two coats are required on the initial application
- The color turned out a bit lighter than expected
- Shows dirt and looks bad after a few months
This pool deck paint is excellent for the restoration of concrete surfaces and leaves a non-slip finish when dry. It can be applied to a damp surface, which is a plus if you don’t have the luxury of waiting for the surface to dry.
The coverage of 90 – 125 sq ft per gallon depending on surface porosity is also impressive.
However, keep in mind that two coats are required on the initial application, which can be a bit time-consuming. Also, the color turned out a bit lighter than expected for some customers, and it shows dirt and looks bad after a few months.
Overall, if you’re looking for a pool deck paint that can restore your concrete surfaces and leave a non-slip finish, the In The Swim Patio and Deck Paint Sand Tone – 1 Gallon could be a good option to consider.
Best Fade-Resistant: FIX ALL Skid Grip Anti-Slip Coating
If you’re looking for a non-slip coating for your pool deck or patio, FIXALL Skid Grip Anti-Slip Coating is a great option.
- Provides an extremely durable, skid-resistant finish
- Exceeds ADA standards for anti-slip surfaces, ensuring safety
- Suitable for various surfaces including stone, wood, and concrete
- Fade-resistant colors for long-lasting results
- Easy application with a brush, roller, or squeegee
- Ideal for high-traffic areas like sidewalks and crosswalks
- Offers peace of mind with enhanced grip and slip resistance
- Provides an extremely durable, skid-resistant finish
- Exceeds ADA standards for anti-slip surfaces, making it ideal for safety areas
- Easy to apply with a brush, roller, or squeegee
- May require multiple coats for desired coverage
- Some users have reported difficulty with adhesion on certain surfaces
- Limited color options
This anti-slip paint is effective on a variety of surfaces, including stone, wood, and concrete. It’s perfect for high-traffic areas like sidewalks, curbs, and crosswalks. And, with its fade-resistant colors, you can enjoy a long-lasting finish.
One of the biggest advantages of FIXALL Skid Grip Anti-Slip Coating is its ease of application. Simply ensure that your surface is clean and apply with a brush, roller, or squeegee.
However, some users have reported difficulty with adhesion on certain surfaces, so be sure to follow all directions on the label for application.
One potential downside of this product is that it may require multiple coats for desired coverage. Additionally, there are limited color options available, which may not be ideal for those looking for a specific color to match their decor.
Overall, if you’re looking for a durable, non-slip coating for your pool deck or patio, FIXALL Skid Grip Anti-Slip Coating is definitely worth considering.
Best Long-Lasting: Olympic Patio
If you’re looking for a cost-effective solution to update and improve safety around your swimming pool, Olympic Patio Tones Deck Coating is a great option.
- Cost-effective solution for updating and improving safety around swimming pools
- Water-based non-slip acrylic coating for slip-resistant surfaces
- Resistant to peeling and chipping for long-lasting results
- Can conceal damage by covering cracks and broken concrete
- Easy application process with no need to mix
- Each gallon covers approximately 80 to 120 sq. ft.
- Detailed painting instructions are included for guidance
- Save money by doing it yourself
- Textured for slip resistance
- No need to mix
- Requires two coats for bare concrete surfaces
- May not cover hairline cracks
- Doesn’t cool the surface
This water-based non-slip acrylic deck and patio coating from Olympic deeply penetrate concrete to provide a slip-resistant surface that’s resistant to peeling and chipping for years. It can even conceal damage when painted over pesky cracks or broken concrete.
To use, patch, and clean the deck area, then roll Olympic deck paint over the wet deck surface. Two coats are required for bare concrete surfaces, and each gallon covers approximately 80 to 120 sq. ft. Detailed painting instructions are included.
Overall, Olympic Patio Tones Deck Coating is a durable and affordable solution for updating and improving safety around your swimming pool. However, it may not cover hairline cracks and doesn’t cool the surface, so keep that in mind when making your purchase decision.
Best Overall: Kelley Technical Olympic Patio
If you’re looking for a pool deck paint that can provide a fresh and updated look to your pool and deck area, then Kelley Technical Olympic Patio Tones Deck Coating is a great choice.
It’s an easy-to-use formula that deeply penetrates concrete to provide a slip-resistant surface, making it a safer option for your pool area.
- Water-based, non-slip acrylic deck and patio coating
- Provides a fresh and updated look to your pool and deck area
- Deeply penetrates concrete for a slip-resistant surface
- Resistant to peeling and chipping for durability
- Easy-to-use formula with no need to mix
- Covers approximately 80 to 120 sq. ft. per gallon
- Textured for improved slip resistance and safety
- Textured for Slip Resistance
- No Need To Mix
- Resists Peeling & Chipping
- May require two coats for bare concrete surfaces
- May not cover as much area as advertised
- May not be suitable for all types of concrete surfaces
Kelley Technical Olympic Patio Tones Deck Coating is a water-based, non-slip acrylic deck and patio coating that is designed to be durable even under extreme weather conditions.
It is also resistant to peeling and chipping, making it a great option for those who want a long-lasting solution to their pool deck paint needs.
This product is also very easy to use. You don’t need to mix it, and you can simply roll it over the wet deck surface. It covers approximately 80 to 120 sq. ft. per gallon, and it comes with detailed painting instructions to help you get the best results.
One of the biggest advantages of this product is its slip-resistant surface. It is textured to provide a better grip, which makes it a safer option for your pool area.
However, there are some downsides to this product. It may require two coats for bare concrete surfaces, which means that you may need to buy more than one gallon to cover your entire pool deck.
It may also not cover as much area as advertised, so you may need to buy more than you think. Finally, it may not be suitable for all types of concrete surfaces, so you should make sure that it is compatible with your pool deck before purchasing.
Overall, Kelley Technical Olympic Patio Tones Deck Coating is a great option for those who want durable and slip-resistant pool deck paint.
It’s easy to use, and it provides great results. If you’re looking for a pool deck paint that can update your pool area and make it safer, then this product is definitely worth considering.
When it comes to buying the best pool deck paint, there are a few things that we should consider. In this section, we will discuss the features that you should look for when choosing a product.
The first thing to consider is the durability of the paint. Since pool decks are exposed to harsh weather conditions and foot traffic, it is important to choose a paint that can withstand these conditions.
Look for products that are specifically designed for outdoor use and have a high resistance to water, UV rays, and fading.
Another important feature to consider is slip resistance. Pool decks can become slippery when wet, which can lead to accidents. Choose a paint that has a slip-resistant formula to prevent slips and falls.
Color and Finish
The color and finish of the paint are also important considerations. Choose a color that complements the design of your pool area and a finish that provides the desired level of texture. Matte finishes are ideal for a natural look, while glossy finishes provide a sleek and modern look.
The ease of application is also an important consideration. Look for products that are easy to apply and require minimal preparation. Some products may require a primer or multiple coats, while others may only require a single coat.
Finally, consider the cost of the product. While it may be tempting to choose a cheaper option, remember that high-quality paint will last longer and require less maintenance in the long run. Consider the cost per square foot and choose a product that fits within your budget.
In summary, when choosing the best pool deck paint, look for a durable, slip-resistant product with a color and finish that complements your pool area. Choose a product that is easy to apply and fits within your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some popular brands for pool deck paint?
When it comes to pool deck paint, there are a few popular brands that are worth considering. Some of the most well-known brands include Behr, KILZ, Rust-Oleum, and In The Swim. Each brand offers a variety of colors and finishes, so be sure to choose one that meets your specific needs.
What are some features to look for in a pool deck paint?
When selecting a pool deck paint, there are a few key features to look for. First, make sure the paint is designed specifically for pool decks and is slip-resistant. Additionally, look for a paint that is UV-resistant and can withstand exposure to chlorine and other pool chemicals.
How long does pool deck paint typically last?
The lifespan of pool deck paint can vary depending on a number of factors, including the quality of the paint, the amount of foot traffic on the deck, and the climate in which you live. On average, pool deck paint typically lasts between 2-5 years.
What are some tips for applying pool deck paint?
Before applying pool deck paint, it’s important to thoroughly clean and prepare the surface. This may involve pressure washing, sanding, and filling in any cracks or holes. Additionally, be sure to apply the paint in thin, even coats and allow plenty of time for each coat to dry before applying the next.
Are there any eco-friendly options for pool deck paint?
Yes, there are eco-friendly options for pool deck paint. Look for paints that are labeled as “low VOC” or “zero VOC,” which means they contain fewer or no harmful chemicals.
What are some common mistakes to avoid when painting a pool deck?
One common mistake when painting a pool deck is failing to properly clean and prepare the surface beforehand. Another mistake is applying the paint too thickly, which can lead to cracking and peeling.