Hi, I’m Randy Charles, the creator and chief editor of this site Paintcentric. I’m a businessman now by profession, but I used to work as...Read more
The type of paint to use when painting or renovating a house can be tricky for most people to make. Knowing the differences between Nippon paint and Dulux can be difficult for famous brands.
When it comes to choosing a paint colour, many people have a variety of tastes. But with a push in the right direction, you can be on your way to picking out the perfect paint that will meet your needs and specifications.
This guide will help you navigate the significant differences between Nippon paint vs Dulux and help you make the right choice.
- Nippon Paint Vs Dulux – Know the Differences!
- Nippon Paint Overview
- Dulux Paint Overview
- Which Paint Is Better for Your House?
Nippon Paint Vs Dulux – Know the Differences!
Painting the interior or exterior of a house is always the next big step to take after renovation. Your ability to differentiate and pick out a quality paint brand will go a long way in giving your home that unique appearance you have always wanted.
As far as paints go, Nippon and Dulux are the most popular brands to pick for a painting project. These paints possess unique and individual qualities not present in other paints. Some key reasons to consider in Nippon paint vs Dulux are:
- They have a wide range of colors
- Their ability to adapt to environmental changes
- The quality of materials used in their production
- They are highly affordable
- They are durable and lasts much longer
Below is a comparison table of Nippon paint and Dulux:
|Durability||It can last for an extended period.||It lasts for about a year before wearing off.|
|Wash-able||It comes with surface protection that makes it easier to wash.||It isn’t easy to wash.|
|Price||It costs a little more to purchase but lasts longer.||It is cheaper to purchase, especially in bulk.|
|Protection||It offers more protection.||It doesn’t offer much protective cover to walls.|
|Color Options||It has a wide range of colors.||It has a limited color option.|
Nippon Paint Overview
Moteki Jujiro founded Nippon paint in 1881 in Tokyo. The brand is now one of the largest paint producers in Asia. The company launched the first-ever paint manufacturing plant in Japan and has expanded to over 15 regions and countries. These areas include:
- South Korea
Nippon has become one of the best alternatives for the industrial, building, and automotive sectors. Below are the main characteristics of Nippon paint:
1. Color Options of Nippon Paint
An appealing colour is required to transform a house into a magnificent work of art. Some paint colours work well in certain areas than others. For instance, green or blue paint colours suit the home interior’s walls, while vibrant colours work well in closets and bathrooms.
Some of the best colour options for Nippon paint include:
- Sashay red colors for kitchens
- Bright lime colors for living rooms
- True blue colors for bedrooms
- Blue wool colors for bathrooms
- Autumn blaze colors for the children’s playrooms
- Timber log colors for dining rooms
2. Nippon Paint Type
Choosing the right type of paint colour for your home can be challenging. Each stroke of the paint on the wall helps bring out your house’s happier and brighter aspects. There is a wide range of different types of Nippon paint finishes that are all durable. These paint finishes include:
- Textured finish for interior walls
- High-gloss finish for bathrooms and exterior walls
- Eggshell finish for living rooms and dining rooms
- Semi-gloss finish for living rooms and kitchen
- Matte paint finish for bedrooms
- Satin finish for trims, moldings, and children’s room
3. Wall Cleaning
Nippon paint excels in providing different options to paint or repaint your walls. Here is a guide to lead you through how to prepare your wall for painting:
- Start by moving all appliances and furniture to the center of the room to prevent any obstructions. Also, cover your floor and other immovable objects with plastic sheets.
- Scrape off the old paint on the wall using a paint scraper or trowel.
- Ensure to smoothen the surface after scraping.
- Fill up the holes and cracks in the wall before the painting begins.
- Clean the wall after filling to remove dirt grease and enable the new paint to fit in.
- Apply at least two coats of the new paint to give it a thicker layer. Then wait for at least 3 hours for the paint to dry.
4. Cost of Nippon Paint
The cost of Nippon paints varies based on the location and scope of use. This paint can range from $900 to as high as $2500.
5. Environmental Care of Nippon Paint
One of the essential duties of a paint manufacturer is identifying and managing the paint’s impacts on the environment. No paint should pose a threat to the well-being of the people close to it. Thankfully, Nippon paints contain few harmful elements.
Some of the policies for environmental safety include:
- Carrying out regulations to reduce damage through paint disposal
- Performing surveys for the current status of these paints
- Developing more robust paint that can withstand different temperatures
- By increasing the sale of self-polishing and less toxic paints
6. Nippon Paint Availability
Nippon paint offers a variety of other paint products and has been the leading brand in Singapore for more than 20 years. It is available for purchase in different countries. Some of these countries include:
- Sri Lanka
7. Nippon Paint Quality of Materials
Nippon paint uses a wide range of innovation, modern science, and technology. It is ideal for anyone looking for a high-quality paint to meet their needs. Nippon also comes with quality colours and is highly recommended for people who want to paint their house.
8. Cooling of Rooms
Some areas can be scorching in the middle of the year, making living there uncomfortable. One of the advantages of using a layer of Nippon paint for your walls is its ability to reduce the temperature and keep your room cool.
9. Durable and Strong:
Nippon Paint is powerful and has a high level of endurance. It can withstand an extended period without peeling off or tearing. It consists of layers of primer coatings that stick so well to the wall’s surface.
10. Low VOC and Scent
Nippon paint uses innovation and technology to make your home vibrant and bright. Another prominent feature of Nippon paint is it’s entirely odour-less and low in volatile organic compounds (VOC).
11. Easy to Wash
Nippon paint comes with a surface protector technology that makes your wall easy to wash. This technology also makes the wall resistant to bacteria decays and household stains. Nippon paint allows you to wash off stains and dirt more effectively.
Dulux Paint Overview
Dulux paint is an alkyd-based paint-making company founded by AkzoNobel in 1931. It originated from these two words,’ Durable’ and ‘Luxury,’ and is famous in Singapore due to its high quality and accessibility.
Below are some attributes that Dulux paint should meet:
1. Color Options of Dulux Paint
Australian color expert Andrea Lucena-Orr gave a list of some of the best Dulux paint colors, and here they are:
- Domino black
- Antique white
- Timeless grey
- Vivid white
- Grey pail
- Terrace white
2. Dulux Paint Type
Here are some Dulux paint types that guarantee the best finish:
- Dulux Weathershield for exteriors
- Polycell Polyfilla for walls
- Dulux Easycare for bathrooms and kitchen
- Dulux LightSpace for hallways and dark rooms
- Dulux Quick Dry Gloss for metal-work and interiors
3. Walls Cleaning
Here are a few steps on how to have a wall painted with Dulux paint:
- Start by dusting off dirt from the wall using a mop or broom
- Clean the wall using a sponge and warm soapy water
- Allow the soapy water to remain on the wall for 6-12 minutes
- Use clean water to wash the detergent off the wall
4. Cost of Dulux Paint
The cost of the Dulux paint depends on the location, durability, and type of finish. Though, it is much cheaper than the Nippon paint. A litre of this paint can start from Rs 155 and go as high as Rs 600.
5. Environment Care of Dulux Paint
Due to its water-based contents, Dulux paint is free of toxic chemicals like lead and mercury.
6. Dulux Paint Availability
Unlike Nippon, the supply of Dulux paint is available to a few shops. These minor scarcities are mostly because Dulux colours are purchased mainly for renovation jobs and outdoor paintings.
7. Dulux Paint Quality of Materials
The materials used in the production of Dulux paint consist of acrylic emulsion, which can reflect more light in the room. With this new range of colours, Dulux gives your house more brightness and a spacious feeling.
8. Cooling of Rooms
Dulux paint does not reduce the heat levels like the Nippon paint. And because Dulux paint is much thicker, they retain heat from outside, making the room hot in the middle of the year.
9. Durable and Strong
Dulux paint is made from durable and robust materials, lasting longer. This endurance level means that you won’t have to regularly repaint your doors and walls. Dulux paint is stable, but not like the Nippon paint. It has excellent coverage and is suitable for ceiling surfaces and interior walls.
10. Low VOC and Scent
Dulux paints are produced with low volatile organic compounds (VOC), making them less odourless.
11. Easy to Wash
Dulux paint uses innovative stain repellents to fight off water-based stains, making the walls easier to wash. These chemicals help you remove tough marks without damaging or cracking the wall.
Which Paint Is Better for Your House?
Nippon Paint and Dulux might be the two most popular brands in paint making, but there are good reasons to pick Nippon over Dulux these days. Nippon Paint has some advantages it gives its customers. Some reasons to choose Nippon paints include:
- Nippon paints can be found in stores today compared to Dulux, limited to a few shops.
- Nippon paints are free from toxic elements and are considered safe for the environment.
- The colour options offered by Nippon paint are vast compared to Dulux paint.
- Nippon paint provides more protection to walls and other surfaces.
Overall, Nippon Paint is a brand that many professionals and users trust.
There are numerous paint colour options you can use to give your home a befitting appearance. However, only a wise choice will suffice if you hope to impress your friends and visitors. With either Nippon paint or Dulux, you can give your home interior that stunning look you have always dreamed about